Veterans' Adjusted Compensation
Adjusted Compensation Program Manager
P.O. Box 5511
Bismarck, ND 58506-5511
Veterans' Bonus Information
PAYMENT OF ADJUSTED COMPENSATION (VETERAN'S BONUS)
1) Each National Guard or Reserve Component resident veteran mobilized stateside (Title 10) is eligible for $50 for each month or major fraction thereof for state-side duty or mobilization trainup.
2) Each National Guard, Reserve, or Active Component resident veteran of Foreign Service who was activated under Title 10 orders is eligible for
i) $100 for each month or major fraction thereof if receiving hazardous duty pay, or
ii) $50 per month or major portion thereof if not receiving hazardous duty pay.
3) If the veteran received a Purple Heart for Foreign Service, the veteran is entitled to a payment of $2500 in lieu of the monthly payments.
4) If the veteran is deceased, the veteran's beneficiary is entitled to any payments to which the veteran would have been entitled.
5) In the case of a veteran who died as a result of active service during the period of service, the beneficiary is entitled to a payment of $5000 in lieu of the monthly payments.
6) Applications for adjusted compensation may be filed with the adjutant general through 30 June 2011, or in the case of mobilization on 30 June 2011, not later than six months after the end of the mobilization period of service.
"RESIDENT" means a veteran who was a bona fide resident of the state of North Dakota at the time of mobilization or, in the case of an active component member, at the time of deployment. "Resident" also includes all mobilized members of the North Dakota National Guard.